If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (337) 462-6500

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

5 Myths About Water Damage Restoration

3/14/2018 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of DeRidder, Leesville & Vinton is ready to help you 24/7 when you experience water damage due to leaking or flooding. As water damage experts, we aim to inform our customers about what to expect if they find themselves in this situation. Here are some water damage restoration myths that we want to debunk:

  1. "Bleach kills mold." - A common DIY misconception is that bleach will kill mold. Although bleach will get rid of stains, it won't get rid of the mold's roots.
  2. "It's a DIY job." - Many homeowners may believe that they'll save money by fixing water damage on their own. In reality, many homeowners may actually end up spending more money than they've budgeted for. SERVPRO of DeRidder, Leesville & Vinton uses specialized equipment for the water removal and drying process. We also have highly trained professionals to identify the best remediation method.
  3. "Water will dry on its own." Just because you don't see water doesn't mean it's not there. Water has a way of hiding in your walls and flooring and may appear to look dry. Waiting too long to contact a specialist may result in mold growth, costing you more down the road.
  4. "It's a long process." - The SERVPRO crew is trained to act promptly in case of an emergency. We'll do an initial inspection, remove/extract water, start the drying process, and monitor your home until drying goals are met. The faster our crew is contacted, the faster we can get your home to pre-water damage condition.
  5. "Mold takes a long time to appear." If your home has experienced leaking or flooding, mold can show up as fast as 24-48 hours. Just like water, mold doesn't have to be visible on the surface to be present. The best way to know for sure is contact a specialist. 

If you have experienced water damage or believe you may have mold in your home, call us at 337-462-6500 to see how we can help.

Other News

View Recent Posts