Water Damage: Common Misconceptions
If you experience water damage due to leaking or flooding, SERVPRO of DeRidder, Leesville & Vinton is available to help. Experts in the industry, we want you to feel informed should you experience this type of situation. One way we can make that happen is by identifying common misinformation:
- "Bleach kills mold." - A common misunderstanding is that bleach will kill mold. Although bleach will get rid of stains, it won't get rid of the mold's origin.
- "I can do it myself." - Some property owners might think that they can save money by fixing water damage themselves. In reality, they may actually end up spending more money than they've budgeted for. SERVPRO of DeRidder, Leesville & Vinton uses specialized equipment and highly trained professionals to identify the best remediation method.
- "Water will dry on its own." Just because you don't see water doesn't mean it isn't there. Water has a way of hiding in your walls and flooring and may appear to look dry. Waiting too long to contact a specialist may result in mold growth, costing you more down the road.
- "It's a long process." - Our crew is trained to act promptly in case of an emergency. We'll do an initial inspection, remove/extract water, start the drying process, and monitor your home until drying goals are met. The faster our crew is contacted, the faster you can get back to normal.
- "Mold takes a long time to appear." If your home has experienced leaking or flooding, mold can show up as fast as 24-48 hours. Mold doesn't have to be visible on the surface to be present. The best way to know for sure is contact our team of specialists.
If you have experienced water damage or believe you may have mold in your home, call us at 337-462-6500 to see how we can help.